Thursday * EIGHT
- This. “Forward. Through the lens of HER life, not backward through the lens of mine.” Healing words.
- Some read to escape reality. I read to learn, to become more fully alive and to integrate the lessons into my being.
- Procrastination, and always with things I want to do, things that are important to me personally. There’s a story here.
- The air is thick and damp today. Still, I’m sitting in the garage with the dogs. Frizzy hair.
- My face hurts but I think it was worth it yesterday.
- A cream sweater, my mom’s. It’s August.
- Another call on her way home. My heart.
- Finishing before starting something new.
- He acts like we don’t feed him.
- 4:44p. Three cardinals today.
- A baby bird, from the nest under the deck?
Wednesday * SEVEN
- Woke to dreams of two men in my life — one past, one present. Out of reach and out of character. Interesting. Pondering how to piece the symbolism together.
- He and I together in the early morning. I’m lucky. So is he. Must not ever take it for granted.
- Flitting. It’s easy to let life pull me in unintentional directions; in fact, sometimes I don’t notice until much later.
- Yoga Prayers. Must prioritize today.
- It’s cool this morning but pleasant. Must stay here instead of projecting into the future.
- Time slips easily.
- Chemical peel; my skin is beginning to look and feel amazing.
- 12:12, 4:16, 5:55, 6:24
- She called many times: early morning, on the drive home, again. GIF texts.
- Rising Park. Woman colleague conversation.
- I love how passionate Kevin is, and how much he makes me think.
Tuesday * SIX
- 6:24a meditation. Couldn’t stay still.
- Words. The way she strings thoughts, feelings, emotions and life events together is masterful, and none of it linear. True genius. I must take a class with her.
- You are not your urges — a great blog post by Matt Kahn. This is the world we live in, learning to be different.
- Today’s mood is the complete opposite of yesterday’s. Yesterday I cried many times, could not separate my emotions from my being — they swallowed me. Today I felt happy.
- Still, I must find ease.
- 4:16p. Hi mom.
- A long productive work day.
- Cool evening air, crickets, Bodhi dropping his ball in my lap. Wine for me, beer and a cigar for him. A nice evening at hOMe.
- The chickens ate an egg again. Please not again.
- Just want to read.
- Bodhi skipping.
H I ! I ‘ M H E A T H E R S A G E .
The 19, where we live. 11 things, a daily practice.
Life changes all the time. It’s the only constant. Beautiful, mundane, joyful, awful, insightful, random, the way things move through.
‘Recording life:’ practicality & insight.
EMBODIED MEMOIR WRITING PRACTICE